How To Use Apple Pay At McDonald’s (& other restaurants)?
We all are aware of the fact that McDonald’s now accepts Apple Pay as a mode of payment at all their restaurants. In fact, not just McDonalds, but there are several other fast food restaurants that started accepting Apple Pay as a payment method. The list of restaurants that take Apple Pay are –
- Burger King
- Taco Bell
- Panera Bread
- White Castle
- Baskin Robbins
- Pizza Hut
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts
First up, What is Apple Pay?
It’s just an in-built mobile wallet in Apple iPhones that you can use to store your Credit cards and eventually pay via just a Tap that works via Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. The advantage is that you need not take out your Credit card every time to purchase. In locations that accept Apple Pay, just show your Phone near the device reader, and Tada! The payment is done!
Steps to pay via Apple Pay:
- Set up Apple Pay account on Apple Device: To do this, add your approved card to the apple pay wallet with all the card details as required by the wallet.
- Ask for Apple Pay payment method: Once you arrive at the McDonald’s counter, ask for a payment method as Apple pay, this is when the staff will bring the reader device towards you.
- Pay via Apple Pay at the counter: Now, open your Apple pay app and bring it near the reader (make sure the reader is capable of reading NFC signals). The device will then read the iPhone or Apple Watch (that is enabled with Apple pay wallet) and the payment is processed. Once the payment is processed, you will see a Green Tick on the screen to confirm your payment.
Steps to Pay via Apple pay on Mobile Orders:
- Choose your items from the online menu and add them to cart
- Complete the shopping cart with necessary details, like Shipping address and proceed to payment screen
- Choose Apple pay as payment option
- The amount is now automatically debited from your respective account for which you have added your card in the Apple Pay wallet.
The process is similar with all other restaurants that accept Apple Pay, so it is just one time activation process that you need to go through and it gets as easy as it can to pay thereafter.